Dr. Sonya Clark, D.O.
Dr. Sonya Clark joined Asheville Orthopedic Associates in March of 2017. She is excited to expand her practice from South Carolina, into the Asheville area. Her mission is to provide personalized, high-quality care on as as-needed or emergent basis. She is dedicated to becoming your choice for hand, wrist and elbow surgery in the Asheville and surrounding areas.
Dr. Sonya Clark is a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon. She has specialized fellowship training in Hand and Upper Extremity, and a Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ) in Hand Surgery. She specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the upper extremity.
After completing her undergraduate studies at Texas A&M University, she attended medical school at The University of North Texas Health Science Center. Dr. Clark completed her orthopedic residency in St. Louis, Missouri. In 2010 she completed her Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship at the University of Mississippi Medical Center.
Dr. Clark is dedicated to the restoration of function in her patients hand and upper extremity and will explore all the latest non-surgical and surgical options. She believes that any decision for treatment should be made together by the patient and physician.
Some of the Procedures she performs:
- Nerve Compression Disorders: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Cubital Tunnel Syndrome, Radial Tunnel Syndrome
- Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Releases
- Fracture Care: Finger Fractures, Carpal bone Fractures, Distal Radius and Ulna Fractures, Both-bone forearm fractures, Elbow fractures
- Wrist and Elbow Arthroscopy
- TFCC repair and debridement, removal of loose bodies
- Joint Replacement: Finger, Wrist and Elbow
- Silicone and Pyrocarbon finger joint replacements
- Total Wrist Arthroplasty
- Schecker: Distal Radial Ulnar Joint Replacement (DRUJ)
- Total Elbow Arthroplasty
- Tendon Repair, Reconstruction and Transfers
- Flexor Tendon Repair, Extensor Tendon Repair, Tendon rebalancing and transfers
- Trauma and Reconstruction: Fingers, Wrist and Elbow
- Dupuytrens Contracture: Surgical and Xiaflex Injection
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Deformity Correction and Joint Replacement
- Overuse Syndromes: Tennis elbow, Golfers Elbow, De Quervains tenosynovitis
Dr. Clarks enjoys being active. When she is not taking care of her patients, she enjoys spending time with her family. She enjoys running, swimming, cycling, and snowboarding. Her goal is to get her patients back to their active lifestyles.
To make an appointment with Dr. Clark, please call our office at (828) 252-7331.